Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Hairstyling in the Mind at Work

As I'm continuing to read The Mind at Work, I'm learning about the intelligence it takes to style hair. Many times people think that hair dressers go through schooling, but they don't consider the skills required to cut and style hair. Each hairstylist has his or her own approach to hair. Some hair stylist enjoy coloring whereas others simply enjoy styling. It's interesting to read about the interaction involved in hairstyling. Sometimes a person might come in and hand a hairdresser a photo that is completely wrong for their face shape. Yet, the hairstylist still has to please the customer and, at the end of the day, make it work. Indeed, hairstyling is not just about hair. It's about the clients and they really are the most important factor. I enjoyed reading this chapter because Mike Rose, the author, interviews multiple stylists. The stylists upfront and honest facts keep the readers intrigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment